23 Apr. 2020
23 Apr. 2020
Heads of TCY Machinery companies Ken Hsiao and CJSC Bolotninskaya Corrugated Packaging Nikolay Tomilov
Gofro. Expert: - Nikolay Fedorovich, several TCY minilines work at your enterprise. What was the purpose of the QS-618?
“Almost all the equipment - both corrugators and processing lines at our plant - are TCY firms ,” says Nikolay Tomilov, Director General of Bolotninskaya Corrugated Packaging CJSC .
- There are no questions to the manufacturer. But given that the equipment has been working since 2011 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even with the most normal operation, timely maintenance and a high level of technical reliability, the time comes when you need to think about replacing it.
The costs of maintenance and repair are becoming too high, and it is more reasonable to buy a new line, and transfer the old one, which has worked for about ten years, to the reserve in case the main equipment undergoes scheduled maintenance or the number of orders increases sharply (this also happens).
In this regard, we worked out a plan for the gradual replacement of the technopark and purchased the QS-618 miniline , a fully adequate modern line, which will replace the 9PA-9FGT miniline of 2011.
At present run host TCY Ken Xiao ( Ken Hsiao ). We signed another contract with him for the supply of the modernized 5 RA line , which is more advanced than the “five” that we have. We are waiting for delivery in five months.
- Since Ken flew by himself, it means that you are friends and your enterprise is significant for him ...
- I don’t have enemies, everyone I work with is friends, and if there are enemies, they don’t live for a long time (laughs) .
“This is a more productive miniline for manufacturing a four-valve box - 400 boxes / min versus 350 on 9PA-9FGT ,” continues production director of Bolotninskaya Gofrotara CJSC Sergey Chubreich .
- Another advantage of this line is a quick change of order (2 minutes unlike 15-20 minutes for 9PA-9FGT ). As a result, we double the production of corrugated packaging in this direction.
Today our record is 65 thousand square meters. m (about 162.5 thousand products) for a 12-hour shift.
- Do you remember how they launched it in Munich and from the start dispersed it to 405 blanks per minute? - asks me the CEO of Gofro Technologies, Alexander Mangushev .
- This was the first presentation of the QS-618 in Europe, how to forget it!
- The machine worked the entire exhibition without fail, and it was bought by the Schumacher Packaging Group , and TCY received a huge number of orders from Europe and America.
- What is its feature?
- The QS series was a breakthrough in the industry. But TCY was in no hurry, allowing competitors to be the first to announce Full Servo Drive technology , while at the same time perfecting this technology on their lines. And when it was time to appear before the public - the car made a sensation.
The components of the QS series are the same as those of Europeans and Japanese. The metal from which the line is made is probably better than that of Europeans, the accuracy of printing, die cutting and folding meet the most stringent standards, the reliability of machines exceeds competitors.
Today, dozens of QS series machines operate in Europe and the USA. In 2016, at the SuperCorrExpo exhibition in the United States, the company showed the QS-1025 midline manufactured for DS Smith . TCY produces QS in four sizes, but QS-1025 (1000x2500 mm) and QS-618 (660x1800 mm) make up half of the company's orders.
- Why did the Bolotninskaya corrugated packaging choose QS-618, what do you think?
- We cooperate with this company from young nails (laughs) , and the Bolotnitsa know TCY very well . In 2011, we together upgraded the ТСY corrugator , as a result of which its productivity increased from 45 to 120 million square meters. m of corrugated board per year.
The guys watched the QS-618 for a long time and only in 2019 did they conclude a contract with ТСY for the supply of the first such line in Russia, and at the same time the automatic pre-leader WSA Top Compact . And just now, in March 2020, the company's engineers launched equipment and completed staff training.
- You said that Full Servo Drive technology is based on Mitsubishi engines?
- I talked about this car many times, and it doesn’t bother (laughs) . Full Servo Drive is a direct drive technology on each section that guarantees high quality register registration. All controllers, servomotors and control stations are Japanese-made.
Non-Stop Flexo technology allows you to carry out short orders (order change time - 2 minutes) with the ability to change cliches directly during the operation of the line.
The QS-618 is also equipped with a folding and gluing section and a new top-loading counter-ejector type. It lacks pneumatic elements, as Mitsubishi servos are responsible for their accuracy and reliability .
The highest rate of change of order, service and diagnostics is achieved thanks to the Smart Tech control system (including storage of orders, control of the accuracy of settings, warning notifications about the change of consumables, statistics, etc.).
Another feature of the QS-618 is its low noise level due to the lack of gears.
In conjunction with the line, we have installed the automatic prefixer WSA Top Compact , which is responsible for the competent “collapse” of the stack of corrugated cardboard sheets to create a continuous cascade of workpieces.
At present, five processing lines delivered by us, packing equipment, plane-cutting presses, and transport systems are already operating in Bolotnoye. Recently, we have modernized the dry part of the corrugator (which we will tell readers in the next article . - Ed. ).
We believe that the new mini-line will be a good help for its owners, a tangible competitive advantage and will quickly pay for itself.
- Thanks for the news, Alexander, take care of your health!
ZAO Bolotninskaya corrugated packaging is the largest producer of corrugated cardboard and corrugated packaging in the Siberian Federal District. Equipped with two corrugators with a capacity of more than 140 million square meters. m per year.
The company's products are represented in many federal districts of Russia, as well as in neighboring countries.